Collection of Information
Why do we collect information? Like many websites, New York Sports Connection collects information to enhance your experience with our Services and, specifically, to maximize the quality of our Services, to monitor, update and improve functionality of our Services, to customize our Services to best suit your needs, to alert you to new features and keep you apprised of developments; to provide customer support and respond to your inquiries, to efficiently back up our systems and to comply with our legal obligations.
1. Information You Provide To Us
Several of our core features can only function when you provide us with certain types of information.
- Account Registration: You must register to use many of our Services, including our newsletters and forum. Thus, we ask you to create an account and provide certain information, which may include your email address, birth year, gender and zip code, as well as a password for your account. Advertisers will never have access to your personal information unless you agree in advance to provide such access and, at this time, we do not share any data or information with any third party advertisers.
- Newsletters: Our New York Sports Connection newsletter will be sent by email to our users, who can then unsubscribe from that Service. In order to receive the newsletter, you will need to provide your name and email address. We do not currently allow advertising on our newsletter, but we may include this service to our subscribers in the future. Should we begin enhancing our Services with site-wide or customized advertising, we will continue to protect your personal information.
- Public Forums: An important part of our Services is the ability for our users to engage each other and share information in our public forums. Any information disclosed in these public forums, including comments, recommendations, reviews or any other items submitted may be visible on our Site, along with your user name. If you choose to engage in public activities, please be aware that any personally identifiable information submitted in the public forums can be viewed, collected and used by visitors to this Site and becomes part of the public domain. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these public forums and we have no responsibility to remove, edit or publish any of these submissions resulting from your use of the public forums. This disclosed information becomes public and may be used by us for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions: New York Sports Connection does not currently conduct contests, sweepstakes or commercial promotions; however, we may in the future sponsor such contests, sweepstakes or promotions as part of our Services. Should you elect to participate in these Services, you may be required to submit additional personal information, which may be collected and processed by third parties. Any such participation is voluntary.
2. Information We Collect Through Technology
- Analytics: We do not currently engage in analytics to process data collected by our Site; however, we reserve the right to do so, which will enable us to improve our Services and provide more customization in response to user trends and activity. We may use third parties to process the information on an aggregated (not individual) level and develop reports and analysis regarding the usage and browsing patterns of our users.
- Location: We may collect information regarding the computer, mobile /smartphone or other device you use to access our Services, including collecting information on your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do this to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to better conduct technical systems functions and troubleshooting.
Sharing of Information We Collect
1. To Deliver Our Services
Many of the Services we provide require that we use the information we collect from you, such as distributing our newsletters or setting up and monitoring our public forums. To enable us to provide our Services, New York Sport Connection may outsource technical functions with third party service providers with whom we may share your information to assist us in providing these services, such as email distribution, promotions and systems processing. We may also use third parties for analytics to help us improve upon our Services and provide further customization of our Services. These third party service providers are restricted from using your information in any way other than providing the services we request of them.
2. For Adverstising
3. For Legal Compliance
In order to comply with the law, New York Sports Connection may be required to produce user information. As a service to our users, we may also produce user information if we reasonably believe that doing so will protect the personal safety or property of our users or the general public or to prevent unauthorized use or misuse of our Services. We may also disclose user information to protect, defend and enforce our own intellectual property rights, which we will do to the fullest extent of the law.